Links

pmuellr is Patrick Mueller

other pmuellr thangs: home page, twitter, flickr, github

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

leaving IBM, taking a break, going somewhere else

This last Monday - May 11, 2015 - was my last day as an IBMer.

I had a great run at IBM. Worked on a lot of great, diverse projects with great people.

But I'm ready for a change. I've been planning on retiring this year, for a while now, but it kinda snuck up on me. Mid-life crisis? Maybe. Anyway, it's time!

First, a breather.

Then, looking forward to starting my next adventure(s) in software development.

I'm talking to some potential employers right now, and would like to talk to more. Contact info is in my resume, linked to below.

In terms of what I'm looking for, I'd like to continue working in the node.js environment. Still having a lot of fun there. My favorite subject matter is working on tools for developers. But I'm handy - and interested - in lots of stuff.

I live in the Raleigh/NC area, and can't relocate for a few years. I'm quite comfortable working remote, or local.

My resume is available here:

http://muellerware.org/resume/Patrick-Mueller-Resume.html