Links

pmuellr is Patrick Mueller

other pmuellr thangs: home page, twitter, flickr, github

Friday, September 01, 2006

Movie Reviews

Sandy and I have been going out on 'dates' almost every week since the kids were really small. A slight respite from the madness of a teen and pre-teen. We often take in a movie, if there's anything we really want to see, and there often is.

I've been meaning to do reviews, but never really got a round tuit, and just ran into another reference to hReview, so I figured it was time to take the plunge. I created this review with the hReview creator, which is a nuts&bots JS app to build the microformat as I type in the HTML form, suitable for pasting into something like a blog.

So, here goes; I'll probably frig with my template to add some more css styles to try to make it purty.

movie review: Snakes on a Plane

Sep 1, 2006 by Patrick Mueller photo of 'Snakes on a Plane'
Snakes on a Plane

★★☆☆☆ I was quite prepared to review this movie as a good "bad movie", but it either wasn't bad enough, or was too bad, not sure which. I was certainly wincing at the end with the video of the band.

There were definitely some stupid and therefore funny scenes. Over the top funny. Places where people got bit. The speed at which people died.

And Sandy and I even both flinched at one scene, which rarely happens to me in movies.

Expected something ... better or worse, but it didn't quite cut it for me. Maybe the sequel will be worse!

This hReview brought to you by the hReview Creator.

No comments: