Links

pmuellr is Patrick Mueller

other pmuellr thangs: home page, twitter, flickr, github

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

hosting providers ... it's the little things

I recently decided to finally dump my membership with the Association of Computing Machines and do something interesting with what I was paying for dues. I decided to finally get an external hosting site. Ever since I've had broadband, I've been running an HTTPD out of my house, serving up various vhosts for myself, the kid's sports teams, neighborhood stuff, the PTA, etc. I thought it'd be fun to do a little less management for a change.

I didn't look real hard; I had already been eyeing TextDrive for a while, and also Yahoo!. I decided on TextDrive. I won't go into details, but some the reasons I like it are things that most people probably don't care about.

  • ssl-protected IMAP / SMTP
  • python
  • ruby
  • php 5
  • svn

Let the web app hacking begin!

No comments: